NOW HIRING: SPECIAL PROJECTS ORGANIZER
Alliance San Diego is a community empowerment organization that is building a more inclusive democracy. Our mission is to empower diverse people and organizations to engage more effectively in our communities, and in the civic process, to create a San Diego where all people can achieve their full potential in an environment of harmony, safety, equality and justice. In so doing, we are making an impact at the local, state, and national level.
In its first ten years, Alliance San Diego has empowered and engaged underrepresented communities to create change and shape the future of San Diego and beyond. From changes in public discourse to changes in public policy, we have worked to ensure that affected community members have a seat at the decision-making tables and are fairly represented. We have done this utilizing a full-time staff of twenty, thousands of canvassers and volunteers, and dozens of community partners.
We now seek a Special Projects Organizer to assist the Executive Director with an array of administrative, research, and other essential projects to support the mission of the organization. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Special Projects Organizer is dedicated to projects that support executive management and board operations.
A strong candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, be organized and efficient, and be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment. They will also have experience in working in one or more social justice movements in San Diego. In addition, the ideal candidate will have experience working with diverse and marginalized communities.
The Special Projects Organizer reports to the Executive Director and will:
- Provide administrative and scheduling support to executive director
- Assist in managing board, donor, and other communications
- Maintain confidential records of the organization
- Conduct research, make inquiries, and compile information as needed
- Draft letters, emails, and other materials as directed
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Familiarity with Google suite and Microsoft Office (word documents, spreadsheets, presentations, forms);
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Experience in informational research;
- Experience reporting and tracking results of work; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency working with diverse communities;
- Analysis and problem solving;
- Time management;
- Results-oriented and organized;
- Effective communication;
- Self-motivated – proven ability to work independently;
- Strategic thinking;
- Leadership and empowerment;
- Compassionate service;
- Resolving conflict; and
- Fostering Teamwork.
This is an hourly position. Pay is commensurate with experience. We offer competitive pay and benefits and a collaborative work environment with colleagues who are dedicated to social justice.
To apply please provide a cover letter, resume and three references (minimum of two professional references required) to [email protected].
Alliance San Diego is an equal opportunity employer that encourages all people to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against based on religion, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, or any other basis prohibited by law.