Alliance San Diego is a community empowerment organization that is working to build a more inclusive and just democracy. Our mission is to empower diverse people and organizations to engage more effectively in the civic process to bring about the change we need so that all people can achieve their full potential in an environment of harmony, safety, equality and justice.
Alliance San Diego seeks a highly motivated organizer for our immigrant integration and human rights efforts. The Human Rights Organizer will help advance the organization’s efforts to promote human rights and educate the community. This position is also responsible for facilitating awareness of, and access to, immigrant integration programs in immigrant communities. This is a full-time hourly position.
A strong candidate will have some community organizing experience and a familiarity with immigrant experiences in the region. An ideal candidate will also have experience in immigrant integration programs and/or immigrant and human rights organizing. The ideal candidate will also be well organized and possess leadership qualities and experience working with diverse and/or marginalized communities.
The Human Rights Organizer will work with the legal team at Alliance San Diego and will report directly to the Human Rights Director. The primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Organize participants for immigrant integration workshops to advance human rights priorities.
- Field calls from immigrant community members seeking assistance and schedule appointments or refer as needed.
- Support Human Rights Manager with workshop logistics.
- Design and facilitate community awareness events.
- Become a DOJ accredited representative and prepare applications, maintain files and represent individuals before USCIS.
- Experience working with diverse individuals
- Experience planning and organizing events
- Experience facilitating working with teams, partners, and/or coalitions
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice issues and understanding of challenges facing immigrant communities, communities of color, and low-income families
- Written and oral fluency in the Spanish language strongly preferred
- Interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills in English and Spanish
- Time management
- Working with teams and fostering teamwork
- Analysis and problem solving
- Results-oriented and organized
- Compassionate service
- Conflict resolution
- Proficiency working with diverse communities and with grassroots organizations
Compensation is commensurate with experience. We offer competitive pay and a collaborative work environment with colleagues who are dedicated to social justice. To apply, please provide a cover letter, resume and three references (professional references preferred) to the email address: [email protected]
Alliance San Diego is an equal opportunity employer that encourages all people to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against based on religion, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, or any other basis prohibited by law. For more information about Alliance San Diego, visit www.alliancesd.org