Alliance San Diego is a community empowerment organization that is building a more inclusive democracy. Our mission is to empower diverse people and organizations to engage more effectively in our communities and in the civic process. We are creating a San Diego where all people can achieve their full potential in an environment of harmony, safety, equality and justice. Through our efforts, we are making an impact at the local, state, and national level.
In its first ten years, Alliance San Diego has empowered and engaged underrepresented communities. It has helped shape the future of San Diego and beyond through changes in public discourse to changes in public policy. We have worked to ensure affected community members are fairly represented and have a seat at the decision-making tables. We have accomplished this with a full-time staff of twenty, thousands of canvassers and volunteers, and dozens of community partners.
We now seek a passionate and experienced person to manage the immigrant integration program as our Human Rights Manager. This person will oversee case management and programmatic work including planning and organizing community events, generating reports, and managing partnerships. They will undergo the Department of Justice’s accreditation process to provide affirmative immigration legal services (such as applications for naturalization, green card renewals, DACA, etc.). They will also be in charge of information integrity within the client management software.
The Human Rights Manager will support the Human Rights Counsel in managing the Immigrant Integration Program. They will assist in strategic planning as the program expands its scope of services. Our goal is to integrate and empower marginalized immigrant communities by moving them along a continuum from undocumented to documented and engaged leaders.
A strong candidate will have at least 2 years experience working in the immigration field, using client management software, and familiarity with the diverse immigrant community in San Diego County. An ideal candidate will also be fluent in Spanish. They will possess leadership qualities and excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Lastly, the ideal candidate will have experience working with diverse and marginalized communities.
The Human Rights Manager will report to the Human Rights Counsel and will:
- Design, manage and implement innovative immigrant integration strategies that align with the organization’s mission of community empowerment and engagement.
- Plan and execute high-impact events to provide assistance and resources to immigrant communities, and mobilize them to participate in movement building.
- As an accredited representative, manage cases, prepare applications, maintain files and represent immigrants before United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Manage staff and a coalition of partners to provide education and outreach services in San Diego and Imperial Counties, and serve as a spokesperson on issues of immigration integration with policymakers, the media, and the public.
- Track and maintain records and reports regarding events, outcomes, inquiries, and referrals, and analyze programmatic impact.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years experience working in the immigration field
- Case management experience
- Team management experience
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Familiarity with report writing and tracking information for grants
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice issues
- Understanding of challenges facing immigrant communities, communities of color, and other marginalized communities in San Diego
- Fluent in Spanish (able to communicate with clients effectively)
- Leadership and empowerment
- Strategic thinking and decision-making
- Proficiency working with diverse communities
- Analysis and problem solving
- Time management
- Results-oriented and organized
- Effective communication
- Self-motivated – proven ability to work independently
- Compassionate service
- Resolving conflict
- Fostering Teamwork
Some overnight and out-of-town travel required. Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer competitive pay and benefits and a collaborative work environment with colleagues who are dedicated to social justice.
To apply please provide a cover letter, resume and three references (minimum of two professional references required) to the email address [email protected].
Alliance San Diego is an equal opportunity employer that encourages all people to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against based on religion, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, or any other basis prohibited by law.