Alliance San Diego is a community empowerment organization building coalitions to bring change in local, state, and national policy. Our mission is to empower diverse people & organizations to engage more effectively in our communities, and in the civic process, to create a San Diego where all people can achieve their full potential in an environment of harmony, safety, equality and justice.
Alliance San Diego seeks an experienced and highly motivated person to manage our development program. The Development Manager will manage and facilitate the organization’s fundraising efforts through grant writing, special events, individual appeals, and campaigns. The Development Manager will be supervised by the Executive Director and will work closely with other staff to advance the mission and vision of Alliance San Diego.
A strong candidate will have experience with development programs in the non-profit sector. An ideal candidate will also have experience in managing staff, executing programmatic objectives, data management, utilizing data to drive program direction, and working effectively with a team. The ideal candidate will also possess leadership qualities and experience working with diverse and/or marginalized communities.
The Development Manager will report to the Executive Director and will:
- Manage and implement development strategies to raise funds for Alliance
- Plan and execute fundraising events, campaigns, and appeals
- Maintain donor database and grant files
- Support executive director in applying for grants and requesting major gifts
- Build relationships with current and prospective donors and funders
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with development programs.
- Demonstrated experience managing staff and/or programs.
- Demonstrated experience writing successful grants.
- Demonstrated experience working with foundations and/or donors.
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing events.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating working with teams, partners, and/or coalitions.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining records and preparing outcome reports.
- Demonstrated experience speaking in front of an audience.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice issues and understanding of challenges facing immigrant communities, communities of color, and low-and moderate-income families.
- Commitment to develop leadership in others
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Time management
- Fostering teamwork
- Strategic thinking
- Analysis and problem-solving
- Results-oriented and organized
- Compassionate service
- Resolving conflict
- Proficiency working with diverse communities and with grassroots organizations
Some overnight and out-of-town travel required. Compensation is commensurate with experience. We offer competitive pay and benefits and a collaborative work environment with colleagues who are dedicated to social justice.
To apply, please provide a cover letter, resume and three references (minimum of two professional references required) to the email address: [email protected].
Alliance San Diego is an equal opportunity employer that encourages all people to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against based on religion, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, or any other basis prohibited by law.