For the last 30 years, we’ve celebrated the life and legacy of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. at the annual All Peoples Celebration. In 2019, we will proudly celebrate the 31st year of this pre-eminent event and we invite you to join us!
For the 31st year, we will stand to promote equality, we will stand for the rights of all people and we will stand for those who have yet to find their voice. This is the most powerful way to honor the legacy of Dr. King and every trailblazing leader that has carved the path to building the Beloved Community with integrity and courage.
The All Peoples Celebration, which will take place on Monday, January 21, 2019 at the Balboa Park Activity Center, features nationally recognized speakers, top local artists and musicians, and is an opportunity to celebrate everything that Dr. King stood for.
Check out these 5 reasons to attend this year’s event:
1) Be inspired by leaders. Alliance San Diego is thrilled to welcome youth leader and DACA recipient Greisa Martinez Rosas, deputy executive director of United We Dream, as the keynote speaker for the 31st Annual All Peoples Celebration. The All Peoples Celebration is the perfect way to jump into the new year with inspirational leaders and strong community.
2) Find out about community resources. The 2019 All Peoples Celebration will feature a community space with more than 50 local nonprofit organizations. Not only is this a great networking opportunity, you can easily access information and resources to give back and empower your community members.
3) Watch incredible performances! We’ve selected various San Diego-based artists to grace the stage. Each performer on stage knows the importance of committing to the vision of Dr. King and being a part of that better tomorrow. They will perform to uplift and encourage San Diegans to stand firmly for what they believe.
4) Unite with others through art: Our community art project helps bring people together in an interactive way that allows expression and creativity. You’ll have a chance to share your creativity and inspire others to stand with you.
5) Did we mention breakfast? The All Peoples Celebration begins at 10:00 am on January 21st 2019 with a buffet-style breakfast! A good meal, an inspirational program, and amazing art and performances, all to support Alliance San Diego as we continue the work of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
For more information visit the All Peoples Celebration event page and get your tickets now!