Alliance San Diego is a community empowerment organization that is working to build a more inclusive and just democracy. Our mission is to empower diverse people and organizations to engage more effectively in the civic process to bring about the change we need so that all people can achieve their full potential in an environment of harmony, safety, equality and justice.
We now seek a Regional Policy Coordinator who will organize and coordinate support to advance regional policy priorities of Alliance San Diego and its regional coalitions, principally the San Diego Immigrant Rights Consortium (SDIRC). This position is a key member of a fast-paced and passionate team.
A strong candidate understands the art of policymaking and generating support for policies that benefit our diverse communities. An ideal candidate has a curious and creative mind, exemplary attitude and exceptional work ethic. An ideal candidate has the organizational and analytical skills to monitor policies and convey information to coalition partners and community members. An ideal candidate also has the interpersonal skills to coordinate the delivery of humanitarian resources to community members when needed. An ideal candidate is also passionate about and has experience working with diverse and/or marginalized communities.
The Regional Policy Coordinator will join the policy team at Alliance San Diego and report directly to the Regional Policy Director. The primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Organize and coordinate support to advance regional policy priorities of ASD.
- Staff the San Diego Immigrant Rights Consortium (SDIRC).
- Engage in leadership development with impacted community, partner organizations and allies.
- Assist tracking and analyzing legislation and its impact on ASD priorities.
- Coordinate delivery of resources to impacted community members.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 1-3 years experience in organizing, policy, and/or resource delivery
- Experience working in coalition
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using social media
- Proficiency in Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Google equivalents
- Proficiency working with diverse communities and with grassroots organizations;
- Proficiency in written and/or spoken Spanish, a plus
- Analysis and problem solving
- Time management
- Organization skills
- Results-oriented and organized
- Effective communication
- Self-motivated – proven ability to work independently
- Strategic thinking
- Leadership and empowerment
- Compassionate service
- Resolving conflict
- Fostering Teamwork
- Understanding of social justice issues and challenges facing immigrant communities, communities of color, and working class families
Compensation is commensurate with experience. We offer competitive pay and benefits and a collaborative work environment with colleagues who are dedicated to social justice. To apply please provide a cover letter, resume and three references (minimum of two professional references required) to [email protected]
Alliance San Diego is an equal opportunity employer that encourages all people to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against based on religion, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, or any other basis prohibited by law.