Alliance San Diego is a community empowerment organization that is working to build a more inclusive and just democracy. Our mission is to empower diverse people and organizations to engage more effectively in the civic process to bring about the change we need so that all people can achieve their full potential in an environment of harmony, safety, equality and justice.
We now seek a Policy Research Manager who will be responsible for the overall management, collection and reporting of data, information, and other content that advances the policy goals of Alliance San Diego and its programs, principally the Southern Border Communities Coalition (SBCC). This position is a key member of a fast-paced and passionate team.
A strong candidate has a curious and creative mind, exemplary attitude and exceptional work ethic. They will be able to conduct research, analyze data, information, and policies, and synthesize findings in simple formats such as tables, charts, and other graphics, as well as in narratives, memos and briefs. An ideal candidate is a natural at storytelling using data and testimonies, as well as generating creative content that will resonate with the public, media, and policymakers. An ideal candidate is also passionate about, and has experience, working with diverse and/or marginalized communities.
The Policy Research Manager will work with the policy team at Alliance San Diego and report directly to the Executive Director , working closely with policy, communications, and other staff as needed. The primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Research border, demographic, economic and other data, information and policies to advance the policy goals of Alliance San Diego.
- Collect, analyze and visualize data and information from primary and secondary sources to aggregate and share externally.
- Liaise with staff and coalition partners to curate testimonials and stories that bring the data and information to life.
- Prepare policy briefs, blog posts, maps and visualizations and other media content to convey data, stories, and narratives.
- Collaborate with the ASD policy and communications team to publish and disseminate research and policy content.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 2-4 years experience in research and analysis
- Experience developing accurate, clear data-reporting formats (graphs, charts, etc)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experience publishing content in digital formats (social media, websites, etc)
- Proficiency in Powerpoint, Excel, Google sheets and docs
- Proficiency working with diverse communities and with grassroots organizations;
- Proficiency in written and/or spoken Spanish, a plus
- Analysis and problem solving
- Time management
- Organization skills
- Results-oriented and organized
- Effective communication
- Self-motivated – proven ability to work independently
- Strategic thinking
- Leadership and empowerment
- Compassionate service
- Resolving conflict
- Fostering Teamwork
- Understanding of social justice issues and challenges facing immigrant communities, communities of color, and working class families
Compensation is commensurate with experience. We offer competitive pay and benefits and a collaborative work environment with colleagues who are dedicated to social justice. To apply please provide a cover letter, resume and three references (minimum of two professional references required) to email@example.com.
Alliance San Diego is an equal opportunity employer that encourages all people to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against based on religion, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, or any other basis prohibited by law.