Alliance San Diego is a community empowerment organization that is working to build a more inclusive and just democracy. Our mission is to empower diverse people and organizations to engage more effectively in the civic process to bring about the change we need so that all people can achieve their full potential in an environment of harmony, safety, equality and justice.
We now seek a part-time Communications Assistant to elevate the work of Alliance San Diego on social media and support a dynamic communications team in the ways described below. A strong candidate has a curious and creative mind, an exemplary attitude, and an exceptional work ethic. They will be familiar with social media platforms and have excellent written and oral communication skills. An ideal candidate is passionate about, and has the experience, working with diverse and/or marginalized communities. An ideal candidate is also able to communicate effectively in English and Spanish.
The Communications Assistant will report directly to the Communications Director, and work with communications and other staff. The primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content across social media platforms
- Moderate user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Collaborate with other departments to create editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- Support communication team with other department needs (including writing, cms, event coordination, etc.)
- Produce monthly social media reports
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree/study preferred;
- Familiarity with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Experience reporting and tracking results of work; and
Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in working with diverse communities;
- Analysis and problem solving;
- Time management;
- Results-oriented and organized;
- Effective communication;
- Self-motivated – proven ability to work independently;
- Strategic thinking;
- Leadership and empowerment;
- Compassionate service;
- Resolving conflict; and
- Fostering Teamwork.
The position is part-time with a minimum of 20 hours, potentially growing into a full-time and permanent position. Compensation is commensurate with experience, starting at $20 per hour. We offer competitive pay and benefits and a collaborative work environment with colleagues who are dedicated to social justice. To apply please provide a cover letter, resume, and three references (minimum of two professional references required) to [email protected] or to the link below.
Alliance San Diego is an equal-opportunity employer that encourages all people to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against based on religion, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, or any other basis prohibited by law.