Alliance San Diego is a community empowerment organization building coalitions to bring change in local, state, and national policy. Our mission is to empower diverse people & organizations to engage more effectively in our communities, and in the civic process, to create a San Diego where all people can achieve their full potential in an environment of harmony, safety, equality and justice.
Alliance San Diego seeks an experienced and energetic person to manage the daily office operations, ensuring smooth and effective functioning for a growing team. This position will work closely with the Associate Director to provide administrative support for the staff, including human resources, compliance, and maintaining effective office systems.
A strong candidate will have experience in compliance and record keeping, acquisition and supply, & facility operations. This position will also be responsible for providing administrative support, coordinating vendor relations, and office/building maintenance. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational skills, time-management skills, leadership qualities, and experience working with diverse and/or marginalized communities. Experience with MS Office, Nationbuilder, & database management is strongly desired.
The Office Coordinator will report to the Associate Director and will be responsible for:
- Office systems coordination
- Employee records and compliance
- Supply management
- Facility & Vendor management
- Administrative Support
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- At least 1-3 years experience in human resources or office administration;
- Experience in facility maintenance;
- Experience in vendor relations;
- Experience in benefits coordination;
- Experience in a fast paced environment;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Proficiency working with diverse communities and with grassroots organizations;
- Analysis and problem solving;
- Time management;
- Organization skills;
- Results-oriented and organized;
- Effective communication;
- Self-motivated – proven ability to work independently
- Strategic thinking
- Leadership and empowerment;
- Compassionate service:
- Resolving conflict;
- Fostering Teamwork
- Understanding of social justice issues and challenges facing immigrant communities, communities of color, and working class families;
Compensation is commensurate with experience. We offer competitive pay and benefits and a collaborative work environment with colleagues who are dedicated to social justice. To apply please provide a cover letter, resume and three references (minimum of two professional references required) to the email address provided: [email protected]
Alliance San Diego is an equal opportunity employer that encourages all people to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against based on religion, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, or any other basis prohibited by law.