Martin Luther King, III, Commemorates 55th Anniversary of his Father’s ‘I Have a Dream’ Speech With a Call to Conscience at the Border
NOTE: THIS IS A PRIVATE EVENT. MEMBERS OF THE MEDIA NEED TO REGISTER BY MONDAY, AUGUST 27 AT 12 P.M. PST / 3 P.M. EST TO SECURE A PLACE. PLEASE CONTACT YESENIA PADILLA AT [email protected] TO RSVP.
Please click on this Google folder for access to the following information:
- Press Advisory
- Map of Location
- Background on Martin Luther King, III
- Photos - Martin Luther King, III
- Background on Border Communities
- B-roll from San Diego Tijuana Border (please credit Alliance San Diego)
What: Martin Luther King, III, Commemorates 55th Anniversary of his Father’s ‘I Have a Dream’ Speech With a Call to Conscience at the Border
Where: Border State Field Park, 1500 Monument Road San Diego, CA 92154
When: Tuesday, August 28 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
How to register: Register by sending an email to [email protected]. You will receive specific instructions around recommended arrival time and vehicle access to the park
The speech will be live streamed on https://www.facebook.com/AllianceSD/
DAY OF EVENT
Members of the media who have registered for this event will be able to drive their vehicles to the Mesa parking lot at Border Field State Park. Only members of the media who register will be allowed to proceed past the gate at the entrance of the park. Please arrive no later than 10:30 AM. Please contact Yesenia Padilla at 415.269.3178 with any questions.
- 10:00 - 10:30 a.m. - Media arrival and check-in
- 10:45 a.m. - King family leads procession from beach to the top of the mesa
- 11:00 a.m. - Mr. King delivers speech with the border wall as a background
- 11:30 a.m. - King family walks to the border wall to speak with families on Mexican side
- 12:00 p.m. - Mr. King walks away from wall and is available for pre-arranged interviews
- 1:00 p.m. - Mr. King leaves the area
Mr. King will be available for pre-arranged interviews during the early morning the day of the event, and pre-arranged, on-site interviews after the event. Please contact Yesenia Padilla at [email protected] or 415.269.3178 for more information.
Please note that proximity to the border may result in lack of cellular service or data roaming issues, and please plan accordingly.