Every year, thousands of diverse community members in San Diego gather to honor the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. at the All Peoples Celebration, and collectively reflect on our shared effort to build a more inclusive democracy. On January 18th, 2021, Alliance San Diego invites you to join us once again at the 33rd annual All Peoples Celebration. This coming year you can join us from the comfort and safety of your own home as the event will be hosted virtually! Every year, musicians, dancers, performers and speakers share the stage to create an inspiring program with an uplifting energy, and this upcoming celebration will be no different. We’re so excited to celebrate with you, that we’ve listed five reasons why you should register for the 33rd annual All Peoples Celebration today!
1. Ticket prices are on a sliding scale! We are pleased to offer sliding scale donation suggestions for anyone who wishes to register for the 33rd annual All Peoples Celebration. Since the All Peoples Celebration is going virtual in 2021, we’re not limited with physical seating space, so we’re able to share this event with anyone who would like to support us, whether you’re in San Diego or across the country!
2. Enjoy the performances, music and poetry. There will be a spoken-word poetry performance by Emmy award-winning poet Boris “Bluz” Rodgers and musical performances by Sarah Geok, Travis Staton-Moreno & The Bengsons.
3. Honoring Dr. King is our favorite way to ring in the new year. 2020 was a turbulent year. We have much on which to reflect, after living through COVID-19, witnessing a summer of mass protest and civil unrest in response to racial injustice, and experiencing one of the most historic election seasons of our generation. There is no better time than now to join others in community, heal and step into the future together with renewed resolve and shared inspiration from the All Peoples Celebration where we will honor the life & legacy of Dr. King.
4. Be inspired by our keynote speaker Rev. Dr. Yvette Flunder. We’re honored to have Rev. Dr. Yvette Flunder as the keynote speaker at the 33rd annual All Peoples Celebration. As a faith leader, Dr. Flunder has served her call through prophetic action and ministry for justice for over thirty years, and has championed ideals of “Radical Inclusivity.”
5. Enjoy the All Peoples Celebration, from the comfort of your own home! It’s the morning of January 18th, 2021. You’ve registered for the All Peoples Celebration and you’ve got your device tuned in, your morning coffee or tea at your side, and your blankets and pillows to keep you warm on the couch. The opening invocation, the songs, the lyrics and poems, the speakers and reflections are all reaching out to connect with you. It’s the start of a new day, and the start of a new year, bringing new possibilities for transformational social justice. Let’s meet that moment together. Register today for the 33rd annual All Peoples Celebration!