Every year, thousands of diverse community members in San Diego gather to honor the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. at the All Peoples Celebration, and collectively reflect on our shared effort to build a more inclusive democracy. On January 17th, 2022, Alliance San Diego invites you to join us once again at the 34th annual All Peoples Celebration. Due to the rising cases of COVID-19 and the Omicron Variant, it is with a heavy heart that we will be pivoting to a fully virtual 34th All Peoples Celebration. Although we are disappointed that we won’t be able to celebrate in person, this shift is necessary for Alliance San Diego to do our part in keeping the community safe and healthy. We appreciate your continued support and patience as we work to advocate for the health and safety of our community members. We look forward to seeing you virtually at the 34th Annual All Peoples Celebration! Every year, musicians, dancers, performers and speakers share the stage to create an inspiring program with an uplifting energy. We’re so excited to celebrate with you, that we’ve listed five reasons why you should register for the 34th annual All Peoples Celebration today!
1. Enjoy the All Peoples Celebration, from the comfort of your own home! It’s the morning of January 17th, 2022. You’ve registered for the All Peoples Celebration and you’ve got your device tuned in, your morning coffee or tea at your side, and your blankets and pillows to keep you warm on the couch. The opening invocation, the songs, the lyrics and poems, the speakers and reflections are all reaching out to connect with you. It’s the start of a new day, and the start of a new year, bringing new possibilities for transformational social justice. Let’s meet that moment together. Register today for the 34th annual All Peoples Celebration!
2. Enjoy the performances, singing and music. There will be songs by Patti Smith and CHOIR, Tomas Doncker, Frankie and Farah and musical performances by Dr. g of bkSOUL and SDCC Alumni.
3. Honoring Dr. King is our favorite way to ring in the new year. The last year and a half brought unexpected storms and stress. But we lived up to last year’s theme, PERSIST, by redirecting our efforts, leveraging technology, and rebounding stronger and wiser than before. Now, more than ever, we must channel the love and empathy we have felt for those touched by the pandemic into a practical and powerful recipe for systemic change. There is no better time than now to join others in community, heal and step into the future together with renewed resolve and shared inspiration from the All Peoples Celebration where we will honor the life & legacy of Dr. King.
4. Be inspired by our keynote speaker Rebecca Cokley. We’re honored to have Rebecca Cokley as the keynote speaker at the 34th annual All Peoples Celebration. Rebecca Cokley is a program officer in the President’s Office, developing the U.S. disability rights program strategy, the first of its kind at the Ford Foundation.
5. Your donation helps Alliance San Diego build an inclusive democracy. Alliance San Diego invites you to become our partner in change by registering for the 34th All Peoples Celebration. Your tax-deductible contribution helps us mobilize communities to change policies that marginalize our families and to pursue policies that enable all people to become full participants in our democracy, society, and economy. The unmatched generosity of our supporters is the reason we can continue build an inclusive democracy and carry on the legacy of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. through our work. Register today for the 34th annual All Peoples Celebration!
BONUS 6. Enjoy our inaugural Beloved Box! Although the 34th All Peoples Celebration will now be a fully virtual celebration, this year we will give everyone who previously registered as an "in-person registrant" a Beloved Community Box that includes various gifts from local vendors!