This election season marks a critical moment for all of us, regardless of our race or place. It’s a time for all of us to join together to ensure that our voices are heard. Alliance San Diego’s election campaign, WE VOTE, wants to help San Diegans come together to vote early and safely. Our WE VOTE elections page has all the information you and your loved ones need to make sure your votes count. When WE VOTE, we vote for each other.
Below, you find information on your voting options, important dates this special election, and more.
Cast your ballot for the September 14 election
10 things you should know:
- This month, voters like you will decide who will be governor.
- Vote on the two-question ballot on or before Tuesday, September 14th.
- The first question asks if you want Gavin Newsom to be recalled (removed) as Governor.
- The second question asks for your choice of the person to replace Gov. Newsom if he is recalled.
- Regardless of how you vote on the recall, you can vote for a potential replacement.
- Mail ballots will automatically be sent to every voter.
- You can fill out the ballot, sign it, and mail it back or vote in-person at a polling place.
- For polling locations, hours, and other questions, visit sdvote.com.
- If you are not registered to vote, you can register at registertovote.ca.gov.
- Vote early and safely by September 14th to have your voice heard.
Get Ready to Vote
You can register to vote all the way up to Election Day at the polling locations). Click here to register today!
Are you registered to vote? Check and update your voter registration, especially your address and language preference. Check your voter registration status here.
Save time and avoid the lines! All registered voters in San Diego County will receive a mail-ballot. If you choose to vote by mail, your ballot must be postmarked on or before September 14, 2021.
Plan ahead! You may have a new polling place due to recent changes in voting. For more information click here.
If you voted by mail, you can track when your mail ballot is mailed, received, and counted here.