Alliance San Diego is a community-based human rights organization whose mission is to build collective power to create a more inclusive democracy. Our goal is to shape a future where all people are treated with dignity and respect, and everyone can achieve their full potential in an environment of harmony, safety, equality and justice.
We build power by developing leaders, engaging communities, advocating for policies, protecting rights, and communicating strategically. We focus on the issues most salient at the time. In its first fifteen years, Alliance San Diego has worked on education, immigration, policing, healthcare, tax and budget equity, and other issues. Though the issues we work on might change, our mission remains the same: build collective power to create an inclusive democracy. From changes in public discourse to changes in public policy, we have worked to ensure that community members are part of the decision-making that affects them.
We are seeking a Communications Multimedia Producer to coordinate and produce content in support of Alliance San Diego’s mission and programs. The position will create multimedia content for digital, print, and other mediums of dissemination. The content will advance the narrative of an inclusive democracy and uplift the stories that bring this vision alive. The position will be an integral part of the communications team and broader organization.
Strong candidates will have experience in multimedia production including video, graphics, social media and web content, and digital and print outreach materials. A strong candidate will also have the skills to use the latest communications technologies and tools including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere / Final Cut, and AfterEffects. An excellent candidate will also have coding skills for website design and be able to produce reports on web analytics. An ideal candidate will have a passion for human rights and be interested in working with a committed team to shape a future where everyone is treated with dignity and respect.
The Communications Multimedia Producer will report to the Communications Project Director and will have the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate the development of the look, layout and features of digital and print properties for Alliance San Diego and the coalitions we manage.
- Design high-quality multimedia original content including graphics, memes, and infographics.
- Produce, film, and create original video content that could include animations.
- Craft outreach materials for events, webinars and other activities, and support the promotional efforts of the organization.
- Edit websites, produce reports on web analytics, and help with site development.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate’s degree (or higher) or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of experience in multimedia production
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Video production and editing experience
- Experience with the latest communication technologies and tools
- Intermediate to expert level creative Cloud skills, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Premiere / Final Cut skills required, AfterEffects skills preferred
- Basic coding skills required; intermediate skills preferred
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Experience working with diverse individuals
- Experience working in teams and with partners and/or coalitions
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice issues and understanding of challenges facing immigrant communities, communities of color, and/or low-income families
- Basic familiarity with the Spanish language preferred
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management
- Ability to work with teams and foster teamwork
- Self-motivated – proven ability to work independently
- Analysis and problem solving
- Results-oriented and organized
- Compassionate service
- Conflict resolution
- Proficiency working with diverse communities and with grassroots organizations
The Communications Multimedia Producer position is offered as a salaried position. Compensation is between $65,000 and $75,000 per year, commensurate with experience. We offer competitive pay increases based on annual performance reviews, competitive benefits, and a collaborative work environment with colleagues who are dedicated to human rights. Some travel, evening, weekend and holiday work may be required. To apply please provide a cover letter, resume and three references (a minimum of two professional references required) to the link below.
APPLY HERE: alliancesd.applicantpro.com/jobs/2809967.html
Alliance San Diego is an equal opportunity employer that encourages all people to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against based on religion, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, or any other basis prohibited by law.