Alliance San Diego is a community empowerment organization building coalitions to bring change in local, state, and national policy. Our mission is to empower diverse people & organizations to engage more effectively in our communities, and in the civic process, to create a San Diego where all people can achieve their full potential in an environment of harmony, safety, equality and justice.
Alliance San Diego seeks a passionate and driven person to execute communications strategies, with a focus on social media, across our programs. This position will be a key member of a fast-paced, passionate communications team, and will work closely with our Human Rights and Civic Engagement departments.
The ideal candidate is a natural at sparking social media conversations and generating creative content that can rise above the noise. He or she will have a curious mind, exemplary attitude and exceptional work ethic.
We are looking for someone who, FIRST AND FOREMOST, is passionate and enthusiastic about social issues. In addition:
- Understands the overlap between social media, public relations, digital media and traditional media;
- Can explain complex issues in simple ways people can understand;
- Can differentiate and apply different tones of voice across platforms and programs;
- Can to work with diverse and/or marginalized communities;
- Is committed to excellence in all areas of work;
The Communications Assistant will report to the Communications Director and will be responsible for:
- Generating, editing, publishing and sharing daily content across social media platforms;
- Moderating user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community and platform;
- Collaborating with other departments to create editorial calendars and syndication schedules;
- Supporting communication team with other department needs (includes writing, cms, event coordination);
- Producing monthly social media reports;
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required (major in communication or marketing preferred);
- At least 1-3 years experience in social media communications;
- Excellent writing and communication skills (Candidate will be required to take a simple social media writing test);
- Experience in a fast paced environment;
- Proficiency working with diverse communities and with grassroots organizations;
- Analysis and problem solving;
- Time management;
- Organization skills;
- Results-oriented and organized;
- Effective communication;
- Self-motivated – proven ability to work independently;
- Strategic thinking;
- Leadership and empowerment;
- Compassionate service:
- Resolving conflict;
- Fostering Teamwork;
- Understanding of social justice issues and challenges facing immigrant communities, communities of color, and working class families;
Compensation is commensurate with experience. We offer competitive pay and benefits and a collaborative work environment with colleagues who are dedicated to social justice. To apply please provide a cover letter, resume and three references (minimum of two professional references required) to the email address provided: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alliance San Diego is an equal opportunity employer that encourages all people to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against based on religion, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, or any other basis prohibited by law.