Alliance San Diego is a community-based human rights organization whose mission is to build collective power to create a more inclusive democracy. Our goal is to shape a future where all people are treated with dignity and respect, and everyone can achieve their full potential in an environment of harmony, safety, equality and justice.
We build power by developing leaders, engaging communities, advocating for policies, protecting rights, and communicating strategically. We focus on the issues most salient at the time. In its first fifteen years, Alliance San Diego has worked on education, immigration, policing, healthcare, tax and budget equity, and other issues. Though the issues we work on might change, our mission remains the same: build collective power to create an inclusive democracy. From changes in public discourse to changes in public policy, we have worked to ensure that community members are part of the decision-making that affects them.
We are seeking an Advancement Manager to help build support for Alliance San Diego and its mission through volunteer service and financial contributions. Working with the Advancement Director, the position will implement advancement strategies, manage a donor database, manage volunteers, organize events, and nurture relationships with supporters. The position will also assist with research and writing to convey the impact of the organization to foster support.
A strong candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and experience in using those skills to generate support for a cause. An ideal candidate will have experience with volunteers, supporters, and/or donors, and will be able to effectively communicate the importance of supporting the mission of Alliance San Diego. A strong candidate has demonstrated experience working well in a diverse team and has a familiarity with the diverse communities in San Diego County.
The Advancement Manager will report to the Advancement Director and will have the following responsibilities:
- Partner with the Advancement Director to implement advancement strategies that build support for the organization and its mission.
- Manage volunteer outreach, recruitment, training, evaluation, and celebration.
- Manage, analyze, optimize donor database integrity through contribution entry, donor acknowledgements, tracking codes, and the scrubbing of data.
- Organize events and build and nurture relationships with supporters.
- Conduct research and draft reports on advancement strategies and impact as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- At least 2 years experience working with volunteers, donors, and/or supporters
- Experience with database management
- Team or group management experience
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Familiarity with research and report writing
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights issues
- Understanding of challenges facing immigrant communities, communities of color, and other marginalized communities in San Diego.
- Bilingual in Spanish and/or another language preferred
- Leadership skills
- Strategic thinking and decision-making
- Proficiency working with diverse communities
- Analysis and problem solving
- Time management
- Results-oriented and organized
- Effective communication
- Self-motivated - proven ability to work independently
- Compassionate service
- Resolving conflict
- Fostering Teamwork
The Advancement Manager position is offered as a salaried position. Compensation is between $80,000 and $85,000 per year, commensurate with experience. We offer competitive pay increases based on annual performance reviews, competitive benefits, and a collaborative work environment with colleagues who are dedicated to human rights. The position requires locating in San Diego County. Some travel, evening, weekend and holiday work may be required. To apply please provide a cover letter, resume and three references (a minimum of two professional references required) to the link below.
Alliance San Diego is an equal opportunity employer that encourages all people to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against based on religion, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, or any other basis prohibited by law.