For the last 31 years, we’ve celebrated the life and legacy of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. at the annual All Peoples Celebration. In 2020, we will proudly celebrate the 32nd year of this pre-eminent event and we invite you to join us!
Our theme this year is BE HEARD. BE COUNTED. BELONG. It’s a call to action to be heard by lifting our voices, be counted by participating in our democracy, and belong by creating a future where all of us can achieve our full potential in an environment of harmony, safety, equality, and justice. In so doing, we create the Beloved Community that Dr. King envisioned.
The All Peoples Celebration, which will take place on Monday, January 20, 2020 at the Balboa Park Activity Center, features nationally recognized speakers, top local artists and musicians, and is an opportunity to celebrate everything that Dr. King stood for.
Tickets are sold out!
Check out these 5 reasons to attend this year’s event:
1) Be inspired by leaders. Alliance San Diego has welcomed many nationally renowned leaders as keynote speakers for the annual All Peoples Celebration including Greisa Martinez Rosas and Rev. Dr. William J. Barber. We're thrilled to welcome civil rights activist and a leading Sikh American voice, Valarie Kaur as the keynote speaker for the 32nd All Peoples Celebration. The All Peoples Celebration is the perfect way to jump into the new year with inspirational leaders and a strong sense of community.
2) Find out about community resources. The 2020 All Peoples Celebration will feature a community space with dozens of local nonprofit organizations. Not only is this a great networking opportunity, you can easily access information and resources to give back and empower your community members.
Tickets are sold out!
3) Watch incredible performances! We’ve selected various San Diego-based artists to grace the stage. Each performer on stage knows the importance of committing to the vision of Dr. King and being a part of that better tomorrow. They will perform to uplift and encourage San Diegans to stand firmly for what they believe.
4) Unite with others through art: Our community art project helps bring people together in an interactive way that allows expression and creativity. You’ll have a chance to share your creativity and inspire others to stand with you.
5) Did we mention breakfast? The All Peoples Celebration begins at 10:00 am on January 20, 2020 with a buffet-style breakfast! A good meal, an inspirational program, and amazing art and performances, all to support Alliance San Diego as we continue the work of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.