Alliance San Diego is a community empowerment organization building coalitions to bring change in local, state, and national policy. Our mission is to empower diverse people & organizations to engage more effectively in our communities, and in the civic process, to create a San Diego where all people can achieve their full potential in an environment of harmony, safety, equality and justice.
Alliance San Diego seeks an experienced and energetic person to build, support, and coordinate an interfaith justice coalition to advance the vision of a San Diego where all people can achieve their full potential free from hate, division, and discrimination. The goal of the coalition is to educate church leaders, lay leaders and the broader public about the shared connection to values that lift everyone up, and to coordinate common strategies that support policies of justice, fairness, and the common good. This position will work closely with other staff to integrate the work of an interfaith justice coalition with human-rights, civic-engagement, and other priorities of Alliance San Diego.
A strong candidate will have experience working with interfaith communities and leaders. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills, time-management skills, leadership qualities, and experience working with diverse and/or marginalized communities. Faith leaders are preferred and are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Interfaith Justice Coordinator will report to the Associate Director. The primary responsibilities for this position will be to:
- Build, support, and coordinate an interfaith justice coalition
- Educate church leaders, lay leaders and the broader public about our shared connection to values that lift everyone up
- Coordinate the development and implementation of coalition strategies that support policies of justice, fairness, and the common good
- Develop faith leaders and affected community members as spokespeople to further coalition strategies
- Work closely with Alliance San Diego staff to ensure alignment and integration with organizational priorities and programmatic strategies
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required; theological training preferred
- At least 3 years experience working with interfaith communities
- Experience in coalition work; organizing experience preferred
- Experience in coordinating or managing projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Proficiency working with diverse communities and faith organizations
- Analysis and problem solving
- Time management
- Organization skills
- Results-oriented and organized
- Effective communication
- Self-motivated – proven ability to work independently
- Strategic thinking
- Leadership and empowerment
- Compassionate service
- Resolving conflict
- Fostering teamwork
- Understanding of social justice issues and challenges facing marginalized communities including diverse faith communities, low-income communities, immigrant communities, and communities of color
Compensation is commensurate with experience. We offer competitive pay and benefits and a collaborative work environment with colleagues who are dedicated to social justice. To apply please provide a cover letter, resume and three references (minimum of two professional references required) to the email address provided: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alliance San Diego is an equal opportunity employer that encourages all people to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against based on religion, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, or any other basis prohibited by law.