Founded in 2007, Alliance San Diego is a community empowerment organization working to ensure that all people can achieve their full potential in an environment of harmony, safety, equality, and justice. Since the beginning, we have fought hard to build a more inclusive democracy that represents and reflects us all.
We are building a more inclusive democracy by integrating new citizens, engaging infrequent voters, and inspiring community leaders to bring about change. With your support we have made an impact. In the first ten years, we have:
- Informed 95,000+ voters from low-voting precincts about the issues impacting them.
- Mobilized over 10% of the city voters and 5% of county voters to participate in elections.
- Passed a policy at SDUSD to prepare all students to pursue higher education.
- Improved college eligibility rates for high school grads from 40% to 60% at SDUSD.
- Provided info to 50,000+ immigrants about how to protect and integrate their families.
- Assisted 5,000+ people to apply for citizenship, DACA, and other immigration benefits.
- Trained more than 200 community members to become leaders.
- Engaged 500 volunteers to support community events, outreach, and assistance.
- Built and nurtured coalitions with 100+ community partners to advance common goals.
- Advocated for policies that empower people to reach their full potential in a just society.
We invite you, our closest friends, new and old, to help us celebrate our first 10 years and welcome the next 10 years of impact at our “10 for Ten” Cocktails For a Cause fundraiser at The LaFayette Hotel.
A Cocktails for a Cause Fundraiser, Benefitting Alliance San Diego
On Wednesday, September 27th, 2017
From 6:00 to 9:00 in the evening
At The LaFayette Hotel – Conservatory
2223 El Cajon Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92104
Light refreshments will be served
If you would prefer to donate at the event please contact James Anderson
at James@alliancesd.org by 6:00pm on Friday, September 22nd